There are two types of people in this world: those who take care of their cars and others who forget about getting them serviced regularly. But sometimes, even the vigilante commit mistakes, which can affect the health of their car and decrease their vehicle’s lifespan. Yes, you can extend the life of your car and keep it in healthy and working conditions for much longer than you think. So, the next time you are looking for car repair in Bangalore, make it a point to follow certain points to decrease your visits to the service center. As you plan to get the best car service in Bangalore, let us have a look at some of the key tips to extend the life of your car and make it running for long.
1. Keep the fluids fresh: One of the most important things to keep in mind is that engine oil and other fluids such as coolants play an extremely important role in deciding the health of your vehicle. The engine oil is responsible for proper lubrication of the engine and to prevent parts from overheating and getting damaged in the process.
Over time, the oil starts to burn and needs to be changed. It is advised that the engine oil of your car should be changed every 3000 km to maintain a healthy engine life. Delaying this or ignoring oil change can cause the engine to get damaged due to the sludge generated. It affects the efficiency and performance of the engine and can cause engine failure. A simple way to check the quality of the engine oil is to take a drop and observe the color. A dark black color means that the oil is burnt and needs changing.
Additionally, there are other fluids in the vehicle such as the coolant, brake fluids, and transmission fluids that need to be changed timely to ensure smooth working and prevent any damage to other major functions such as the transmission or braking system. It is important to keep a check on these levels in order to extend the life of your car.
2. Maintaining the service cycle: A well-kept and well-serviced car can extend its lifespan by up to 10 years. Thus, it is safe to say that maintaining a regular service cycle for your car will be very important in determining its lifetime. While regular changing of fluids, as mentioned above, is important, servicing the car after specific intervals are also very important. Servicing takes care of all small and big things and also helps clean the insides of the car. It avoids rusting and helps keep individual parts clean and shiny. So when you are looking for a car service in Bangalore, you are ensuring that your car comes out cleaner and healthier.
This is how it makes the vehicle run longer without any problems and also helps point out any potential problems that might occur in future.
3. Keep the filters in check: Just like oils, filters are also an essential part of the working system of your car. They are used to filter the oil and the air that goes in and keeps the pollutants and the dirt out of the system. There are different filters used, such as oil filters, air filters, fuel, and cabin filters. The oil filters keep the dirt out of the engine while the air filters screen the intake of the air, keeping the car-free from any dirt or dust.
Also, there is a cabin filter that should be cleaned and replaced regularly and is found inside the car near the dashboard. It filters the outside air coming into the vehicle and also affects the cooling of the AC. Usually, every time the oil is changed, a new oil filter is installed but an air filter’s lifespan varies on external factors such as quality of air and the frequency of driving. But, keeping a check on these helps to extend the life of your car.
4. Keep a check on tyres: Tyres are the basis for the car and play a very important role in the smooth driving experience. They are also very important in analyzing the health of a car moreover, a healthy set of tyres can prolong your car’s life by a few years. Tyres are connected to the vehicle through several other systems such as braking, transmission, and suspension. Any damage to the tyres will indirectly impact all other components connected to it. Maintaining tyre pressure and health helps increase car efficiency and gives a safe as well as improved performance. So keep an eye on them so that you know when your car tyre needs replacement.
5. Car storage: This is one of the most neglected precautions as most of people do not take care of their car storage. By storage, we are not just talking about parking a car for longer periods, but also the daily parking place. With the car parked out in the open, it is prone to various factors such as rain, dust, sunlight, etc., which in the long term can cause a lot of cosmetic damage to the body of your car.
Leaving the car unprotected can not only aesthetically affect it, but in the long run, it can also cause rusting of surfaces thus, making it unsafe. So to prolong the life of your car, parking it in shade is important, preferably a garage, but if a garage is not available, keep your car covered even if parked outside.
So, here were a few things to keep in mind that will help you prolong the life of your car and keep it healthy in the long run. If you are looking for the best car repair or the best car service in Bangalore, connect with us today and let Pitstop help you get the best services for your vehicle. We are a team of highly trained professionals, working 24/7 to offer the best car care solutions at affordable prices.