Whatever is the age of your car- brand new or a few years old- regular servicing is the only way in which it will remain in tip-top condition. It is not a secret that proper maintenance and regular car servicing is improtant for the best performance of your car.
Just like you undergo regular check-ups for your health, your car needs regular servicing for maintaining it in top condition. Systematic servicing of your car will not only enhance its durability but will help avoid expensive repairs down the road.
Importance of Servicing
You need to subject the car to regular servicing to avoid dangerous situations like a breakdown in the middle of the road. Only a professional mechanic can spot any defects in the early stages. They can fix the issues before it poses a serious problem for you.
So, you must do car servicing during the stipulated car service time period for good practice based on make, model, and nature of the use of the car. This will help to extend the life of your car, safety and reliability of the car by identifying small issues in the early stages and reducing the chances of the breakdown.
Time for Servicing
Several factors determine the frequency of service required by your car:
- Distance driven: Typically, car manufacturers suggest servicing the car at least one time a year or after running for 12,000 km, whichever is earlier. But if you use your car more frequently, you should do servicing at a shorter interval. It is advisable to service your car every 6 months or 6000 miles if you use it heavily.
- The age of the car: It is a vital criterion to consider. Older cars need more frequent servicing compared to new cars.
- Automatic car: With such cars, the suggested interval of car service duration is one year or 20,000 km, whichever is earlier.
Other Factors Include:
- How well your car has been maintained?
- The quality and nature of the roads you drive on usually.
What Work Is Done During Servicing
This depends on the number of service periods your reach. For the first time servicing, they will do only oil and filter change. They also resolve the car oil leakage problem if you have been facing it. These service providers provide you with a good car oil leakage solution to help you escape any trouble. The second service consists of replacing parts with a 24-month life span such as- brake fluids, glow plugs (diesel cars) and spark plugs (petrol cars). With every servicing, the mechanic will check the condition of suspensions, brake discs, brake pads, etc. and also a general health check-up.
Benefits of Car Servicing
- It is a worthy financial investment: It avoids costly repairs in the future.
- Reliability and safety: It is dangerous to drive a car without regular servicing. In case the car veers from the normal, the car is dangerous not only for passengers but others on the road.
- Enhances performance: A well-maintained car offers flawless performance. Servicing boosts car performance. For example, when engine oil is changed, it offers superior fuel economy.
- Superior re-sale value: Compared to cars in disrepair, a well-maintained car features much higher rates for sale. Resale value is much dependant on the condition of the car. A smooth-running car will entice more buyers and garner better rates.
- Durability: The main aim of servicing is to avoid further repairs. When you avail of doorstep car service, the mechanic will check brakes, lights, fluid levels, tire pressure, and battery. Thus all the parts of the car will remain in top condition for a long life period.
These are all tips for the proper servicing of your car. Make sure you follow them without fail and keep your car healthy and sporty for a longer period of time.