Citroen has finally announced the much-anticipated Citroen C3 compact SUV, which will be available in both India and South America. The new C3 is the first model in the “C Cubed” initiative, which began in 2019. By 2024, the firm plans to launch three spacecraft as part of the C-Cubed program.
Citroen has confirmed that the new C3 subcompact car will go on sale in India and South America in the first half of 2022. It is expected to debut in our market in the first quarter of 2022.
Citroen says that the new C3 has reached a degree of localization of above 90%. It’s built on the company’s CMP (Common Modular Platform) architecture, which was designed specifically for emerging markets. The firm states that The new C3, to be built on the Chennai market, will target new married consumers from the growing middle class in their thirties with comfortable incomes that are sensitive to the value provided by a substantial product that must be durable and practicable in its maintenance.
Here are 10 things to know about the C3
- The new C3 is under 4 meters long, at 3.98 meters to be exact. It borrows design influences from Citroen’s larger models, such as the C4 and C5 X. The Citroen C3 has a two-stage light signature, with twin V-shaped lines that transition to chrome bars and continue across the width of the car to the headlights, before splitting to create a Y at the ends.
- The primary headlight is on the bottom side, while the LED DRLs, turn indicators, and position lights are on the top side. The rear light signature is equally noticeable, as it mimics the front end’s two horizontal lines that create a triangle.
- The SUV has a high bonnet, front and rear protection plates, protective bubble panels, flared fenders, and black plastic cladding. It has a 180mm ground clearance, which is more than enough to handle Indian road conditions.
- – Citroen says that the approach and departure angles have been analyzed, and the bodywork has been modified to prevent the vehicle from colliding with the ground in the case of a steep slope, road surface, or road barrier.
- The new C3 small SUV has a 315-litre cargo and a 1-litre glove box, which is the most in the class. The new Citroen C3 is said to have a compact footprint and a turning radius of just ten metres. It is stated, however, that it has a segment-leading internal room as well as many cubby holes for storage.
- The bodywork of the new Citroen C3 is two-tone. Eleven customization options will be available, including single-tone and two-tone.
- Ice White, Platinum Grey, Artense Grey, and Zesty Orange are the four body colors available in India. Furthermore, in India, the firm will offer two roof colors: Artense Grey and Zesty Orange.
- With the new C3, Citroen will offer nearly 78 customization choices. Chrome pieces for a stylish dimension, ornamental elements to lend distinctive character to the vehicle, a choice of up to eight-seat coverings, practical equipment for the passenger compartment sound system and smartphone connection, and protective features are all possibilities.
- The Citroen C3 has a 2.54-meter wheelbase and is said to provide the most leg space in its sector in the second row. In addition to 315 liters of trunk and 1 liter glovebox, the Citroen C3 features 2 front door bags with a 1-litre bottle and other items, 2 rear 1-liter door pockets, two cup holders and a storage room on the central console and two smartphone holders in the back.
- It comes with a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, as well as a variety of apps and multimedia content, as well as voice commands. – The new vehicle is expected to come with two engine options: a 1.2L normally aspirated petrol with 81 horsepower and a 1.2L turbocharged petrol with 100 horsepower.
Also, read: Citroen C3 Compact SUV unveiled: Launch details