The 2021 Mahindra Scorpio had been caught several times testing with camouflage. But the launch has been delayed, it will come by the end of 2021 or early 2022. We have a new set of spy pics of the upcoming Scorpio interior, lets see the 5 key details.
- The new Scorpio will feature an entirely new dashboard layout and the highlight being the new touchscreen infotainment display. Which probably is an 8.0- inch display with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.
- The instrument panel gets two analogue dials and a small digital multi-info display. The wrapped steering wheel features multi-function controls including cruise control. It also gets a start/stop button.
- Unlike the present Scorpio, the AC vents are placed vertically like the XUV 500 on both sides of the display and the controls buttons have been placed below it. Storage space has been offered in the centre console with a 12V socket, USB charging port and a fast-charging unit.
- For the 4WD system variant, you get an extra gear lever to select between 2wd and 4wd. A rotary dial is situated behind the gear shifter to select off-road driving mode which includes Rock, Snow, Mud and 4 high and low for the 4WD system.
- We could spot some other features from the spy images: an electronic sunroof, engine start/stop button, dual-zone climate, Micro-Hybrid function, connect car tech, driver-side armrest, and more.
Mahindra will offer the new Scorpio with a 2.0L turbo-petrol engine that makes 150PS and a 2.2L turbo-diesel engine making 158PS. The transmission includes a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic. The Scorpio will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier and Jeep Compass.