Mahindra has unveiled an all-new SUV proving track ahead of the XUV700’s global debut. The Mahindra SUV Proving Track (MSPT) is a new track in Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu, that will be crucial in the development of all future Mahindra SUVs.
What is the Mahindra SUV Proving Track (MSPT)?
It was built by Larsen and Toubro (L&T) and designed by IDIADA (Institute for Applied Automotive Research) for Mahindra. As part of this new 454-acre site, the 4X4 Centre of Excellence will be located. Besides vehicle development, it will also be open to the public next year for those who wish to participate in the event. There is also a Mahindra Research Valley near Chennai, which is home to nearly all of Mahindra’s vehicle development in India. This new track will allow the Mahindra Research Valley engineers to thoroughly test the product and prepare it for the homologation process with this new track.
Details on the Mahindra SUV Testing Track (MSPT):
Apart from the 4X4 centre, the 454-acre MSPT also has 20 purpose-built tracks on it. Zero percent slope high-speed tests with a 43.7-degree parabolic banking setup for higher neutral speeds are among the options available. On the straight high-speed road, vehicles can reach speeds of over 200kph.
- For performance and coast-down measurements there is also a 2 km, 11m wide road with a zero percent longitudinal slope.
- The 250-metre-diameter circular dynamic platform is intended for vehicle dynamics research and evaluation.
- To test braking, ABS, ESP, and TCS, a braking pad with six different surfaces and dry and wet tracks was created.
- In order to simulate the durability of public roads, a General Highway Durability track and a Simulated City track were built.
- It includes an Accelerated Test Track with potholes, undulations, Belgian Pavement, cobblestone, rumblers, and various kinds of washboards and speed breakers, among other things, in its design.
- In addition, the MSPT can simulate rain, water splashing, and wading. And it’s capable of simulating dust storms in a room.
- Vehicle corrosion testing is also available at MSPT, including a humid chamber.
- With over 25 obstacles, the 4X4 adventure track is the centrepiece of the 4X4 experience centre.
- The MSPT facility is completed by exclusive prototype workshops, a health centre, and an administration tower that can house over 200 engineers.
- In case you were wondering, yes, MSPT has its own fuel station on site.