If you are reading this, it means that you are one among those car-lovers for whom a single scratch on their car of dreams is an injury on their own body. Nevertheless, a scratch on a shining diva on wheels is not a pleasing sight for anybody.
It is a fact to be accepted that a car is ultimately a metal body in the first place bound to have car dents. The probability of getting a car scratched even increases when you are staying in an overcrowded traffic condition like that of Delhi. Every car scratch is different, so is the treatment. To avoid the side effects of scratches on the car, the car owner needs to have some basic knowledge.
Understanding car scratches in Delhi-First things first!
To understand the scratches, it becomes necessary to know the various types of car painting and the layers first. Since the various layers bear the brunt of the extreme weather conditions of Delhi and are exposed to scratches too. A car manufactured by mass production made of stamped steel and a luxurious and premium segment car made of aluminum would have varying degrees of reaction to the environment.
- The degree of corrosion for iron would be much more severe and drastic than aluminum. Steel starts to rust immediately by forming a reddish-brown layer which eventually starts to cast off. It leads to the weakening of the structure.
- Aluminum needs protection from corrosion as well, not as immediately as iron. If a car has to last long, prevention and anti-scratch care are a must.
- Carbon-fibre construction used in manufacturing the chassis and body panel of certain exotic vehicles should be covered with a clear coat.
- Car denting and painting methods depend upon the type of body that makes
Once aware of the body type, let us explore the types of layers in car painting.
- Primer – As the name signifies, this is the first layer which is covering the metal body. Without a primer coat, the metal surface (old or new) will not bond with the paint.
- Basecoat – Rightly known as the base coat, it is the immediate next layer after primer and before the final coat. It serves as the base layer that would enhance the smoothness of the final color of the car body. It comprises varieties like metal flakes, pearlescent paints, and iridescent particles.
- Clear-Coat – Here comes the clearcoat, the game changer or the decision-making element for many car-buyers. Be it Ravishing Red, Glittering Green, Beaming Black, or Wide-ranging White. The final clear coat is the ultimate layer that faces all kinds of natural and man-made factors. Rain, dust, sunlight, acts of hostility, and scratches! A slight failure of the clear coat is sufficient for quick erosion and leads to corrosion of the metallic body of the car.
So far, we have completed the groundwork knowledge about the various layers of a car body. Now it’s high time to start exploring the different kinds of scratches and subsequently how to avoid them in Delhi, conceal them and make our car as spic and span as new.
This is the scratch that a car owner can get rid of with minimum effort if the scratch is limited to this level in Delhi. The clear coat scratch happens on the outermost coat that bears all the natural factors like sunlight, dust, rains, etc.
The paint scratch mainly happens because of an accident or a deliberate attempt to distort someone’s car owing to enmity or any anti-social acts. It penetrates deeper than the clear-coat scratch and the paint peels of from the car body. A comparatively bigger patch has to be repainted requiring more expertise and incurring more expenses in Delhi.
A primer coat is the first layer that covers the bare metal body and thus always requires a good amount of maintenance. Primer scratches are the deepest and a serious cause of concern for the car owners, as left unattended this may begin to rust. The resulting corrosion weakens the car body and subsequently may lead to life-threatening accidents in Delhi and hampers the resale value to a great extent.
How to get rid of this unnecessary evil in Delhi?
- Professional car denting and painting – There are certain things whose importance cannot be understated how much ever progressively alternative options evolve. One among them is professional car denting and painting services for scratch removal. Employing a professional agency in Delhi would give the original showroom-like look once again.
- Scratch repair kits– Scratch repair kits are used extensively, though users have different opinions based on their experiences in Delhi. As per the users, the scratch repair kits only serve a purpose when the scratch is very light.
- Rubbing Compound– We all are familiar with thumb rules for a variety of things. Have we heard about a thing employing a fingernail? A fingernail is touched to determine the intensity of a surface-level scratch. In case the fingernail fails to catch it, a special rubbing compound can change the game.
Do we need deep pockets to save our cars from scratches in Delhi?
Any human treatment depends on the intensity of the damage caused. A car scratch is no different. The price for car denting and painting in Delhi depends on the depth/layer on which the scratch has occurred. Check Pitstop’s website or download our app for a scratch removal quote.
Some life-saving thoughts and car care in Delhi
In the best interest of the car owner and the car, it is always advisable to drive safe and slow and avoid accidents in Delhi ruling out the possibility of scratches. Any dent on the car body, despite the best treatment, weakens the strength of the car framework. If we are a little more alert on the roads, a car denting painting requirement, time & money wastage can be avoided, though other instances of getting scratches may be out of human control in Delhi.