Chances are if you are reading this, at some point, you have been subjected to a physically damaged car body. It could be a collision or an accidental slip of the clutch while backing up your car. But, how was the experience of getting the car repaired? You must have gone to the dealership or a trusted car mechanic, right? Did they quote outrageously?
Well, today let’s look at the cost of repairing car body damage and what factors are taken into consideration while preparing a quote. So the next time you are in trouble, you can estimate the damage. Moreover, if you are looking for the best car repair services in Bangalore, look no more and let Pitstop take care of the damages at an affordable cost.
What are the common types of damages?
Damage to the car body is not limited or defined to a specific type but here we will list a few commonly damaged body parts. Car repair stores are used to these damages and deal with them on a daily basis.
- Damaged Bumpers: Being prone to damage, bumpers, both front and rear are commonly damaged in collisions. Sometimes minor scratches and scrapes can help avoid major repairs but at times the bumper can puncture or tear up leading to major bumper repairs.
- Paint Damage: Scratches and scruffs are often the cause of paint damage. But, prolonged repairs can lead to rusting of the body and attack the body paint. While these are often ignored, a paint job can be an expensive affair.
- Windshield damage: Probably the most important part of a car, a damaged windshield can prove to be lethal. Cracks on the windshield are common due to stones but scratches can also lead to bad visibility over time. Windshield repair required windshield replacement and can cost up to 5000 rupees.
- Damaged doors and fenders: These parts are often damaged when the vehicle has been in a high-intensity collision or some ran their vehicle into your door. The process of repairing a door or fender involves denting and painting and the cost will vary depending on the amount of damage the vehicle has been subjected to.
How much does it cost to fix car body damage?
The cost of repairing car body damage depends on a number of factors. These include:
- Car make and model
- Age of the vehicle
- Type and intensity of damage
- The repair shop and mechanic
Cost to fix car body damage depends majorly on the age of the vehicle, and its make and model. For an older model, the parts might be cheaper but more difficult to procure while for a newer model it is easier to get the parts that might be more expensive.
Additionally, the type of damage also plays a part in deciding the repair costs. A windshield requires replacement while a damaged door or bumper is repairable with denting and painting. Parts beyond repair will need to be replaced and cost higher.
We have all been in that place where we wonder how to keep car repair and maintenance costs low. So lastly, a word of advice is that the repair cost varies between different repair shops as each person charges a different labor cost. But if you are looking to lower your cost of repairing car body damage you should get in touch with Pitstop which offers the best car repair service in Bangalore at most affordable prices.